Monday, April 19, 2010

Before the computer crashed!

Saturday I was planning to do a post about my wedding anniversary. I had stated that last week was very busy. We had taken a day, and went to see my husbands parents. They live about two hours away. Dad is not doing very well, he aged considerably this winter. It is so difficult to see. They both are outdoorsey people who love to hike, canoe, and bird watch. Dad is using a walker now, and Mom is well into Altzheimers disease. I heard her tell me the same story over and over again for about an hour, while my husband and his Dad were having some time together. It is so sad. But, we made the most of it, took them out for lunch, visited the past by veiwing some old pictures, and chatted for a little bit, and said our good-byes. Dad was very thankful we had come. He shared with us that he is doing a lot of things that are new to him (like buying underwire bras for Mom, he had noticed that one had broken a wire, and she was still wearing it) We never know all the  circumstances we find ouselves in as we grow older. He had a very funny story about the sales clerk whan she asked him what size, and he sort of cupped his hand and said about this big. To funny, but also so sad. He said if you do not laugh at the situations you fine yourselves in, then you would probably end up crying, at which he did, start to cry. How he and Mom love each other!
 My husband and I celebrated our anniversary the next day. It was a nice comfortable kind of celebration. Hubby bought me some dishes I admired at Marshells we went out to Five Guys for a burger and fries, then we went to see "How to Train Your Dragon". Very cute movie. I want to try and add a picture of my dishes, but not sure I can. This is a new computer and I am not used to it yet, so bare with me.
 Just added the pictures! Oh how simple!!! You should have seen what I had to go through with my old one to get pictures loaded! This was sooooooooooooooo easy!

No comments: