Saturday, April 17, 2010

What a busy week!


I got my petite inspiration boxes out to the mail. I do hope my partners all loved them as much as I loved making them! I had a color combination in mind, and it was a lot harder to pull it off than I thought, but in the end, I think I came close.
 I have heard from two of my partners and they LOVED THEM! Yeah!
  I had a big embroidery order that needed to be completed ASAP, but still have not heard from my customer. I love it when he rushes me, and then never comes to pick up! At least they are done now.
  Hubbie took the week off from work because he had some medical things to take care of. I had to be with him as a driver.Isn't getting older fun??? Doctors always want to poke you someplace!
  I am making this adorable garter for a wedding, a special surprise for the groom. I am having a learning curve with shrinky-dink. Having never used it before, it has turned into a bit of a challenge. But I think I got the hang of it now, after my first attempt.LOL Will post pictures when I get it all finished. Hope to get it done tonight.
 In the midst of all of this, I am truly trying to get a handle on organizing all my craft stuff and getting the best way possible to store it.  I think I am in a losing battle. I have already spent a small fortune on plastic storage containers, and filled them up! I bought some hooks, and I am going to hang some things from the ceiling in my sewing room. I think I have a year of organizing.
 What precipitated this mass clean up? My youngest brother called and asked if I would please teach his little girl to sew. She is eleven. So I would love to teach her, but I have no place for her to sleep over. They live about four hours away. So wish me luck!

No comments: