Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bog hopping/Rest in Peace

Last weekend, I was doing some blog hopping, and twice, on two different blogs I came across the words "rest in peace" Now we all know what the words mean at first glance. Someone heart has been torn out by the loss of someone close, and are doing their best to let go and move on. There is always a heart wrenching story behind those words every time you see them, and my heart always breaks a little for those who are walking threw those stories in real life.
However, those words resonated in my head, and I could not get them out. Were they a warning, a call to pray, or just a word from God to remind me to rest in His peace? Turns out, it is all three. I am an intercessor in the Lords church, and I have trained my ear to be aware of when God is trying to speak, but that is not the case all the time, sometimes I miss that small still voice.
This week my son was facing surgery on his back, my sister was buying a new car, going to Chicago,and still dealing with complications with kidney stones and pain left over from her car accident over the forth of July weekend. I also had to drive her down to my parents summer home for some business she was transacting with them. This I was concerned about, because I do not like to drive at night. The head light glare really blinds me, and we live in a heavy white tail deer populated area. My husband drives over the road, and was heading to Mississippi.
  So I really needed to be in prayer. My son came through his surgery just fine. My sister got her car. Right now she is sitting at the airport waiting for her flight to board. My trip down to my parents, went well, I almost hit a family of racoons, but I saw them in enough time to brake. There was a deer standing by the side of the road, and she behaved herself and stayed right where she was and watched me pass. But my husband, his tractor was totalled this morning!
  He was traveling on interstate 40 down in Tennesee,and was in the passing lane, going by a motor home, pulling a jeep. The motor home blew a tire on the drivers side and the driver lost control. Husband tried to take evasive action, but the motor home collided with him and pushed him across the median and across the two lanes of on coming traffic, into the wooded hillside on the opposite side of the road. My husband is all right, just shook up a bit. He beleives the driver of the motor home was injured. Troopers were trying to figure out how they were going to get the truck out of where it landed the last time I spoke with my husband.
  I am so thankful that I listen to the Lords voice and was praying. There was no on coming traffic when the accident occured. As near as anyone knows injuries are not life threatening, my husband was shook up, but not injured, and his load did not spill out all over the place. His trucking company may not be very pleased right now,but this is why insurance is required.
  So I guess we are all required to pray, and to rest in the Lord. Storms come, but we need to pray, and rest in peace.

No comments: